Marta Thevenet, Restaurant Manager
1. How did you get into hospitality?
After catering school in Poland, I started to work in a restaurant when I was 18 years old. It was just a summer holiday job and wasn’t sure at that stage if it would be my career. After a short time of being surrounded by professionals who were really knowledgeable and passionate, I began to learn more and started to really enjoy what I was doing.
2. What do you love about the restaurant industry?
Working with great chefs and sommeliers, and the comradery of the staff. I also love food and wine and I like to share that with the guests.
3. Can you tell us a bit about your restaurant?
It is a small, intimate fine dining restaurant, focusing on local seasonal products. The restaurant is located within the Griffith shops in ACT and is run by Chef Ben Willis and his team.
4. What is one of your most memorable dining experiences?
L’atelier de Jean Luc Rabanel in Arles in France. The restaurant has 2 Michelin stars and focuses on vegetables across a 15 course degustation (meat is the accompaniment of the veggies instead of the other way around). Amazing flavours.
5. What restaurant is on your must-visit list this year?
Rockpool Bar And Grill in Sydney
6. What is your 'old favourite' restaurant that you often revisit?
XO restaurant in Canberra
7. What do you love about this restaurant?
Relaxed dining with great food and service. Very good wine selection as well.
8. What is your favourite dish at this restaurant?
Pork Bao - the best ever!
9. What is your favourite dish at your restaurant?
The menu is constantly evolving and changes too often to have 1 favourite.
10. Can you share an “Insider Tip” for dining at your restaurant?
As we are open for dinner only, I would recommend booking mid-week if you can as it is quieter and more intimate. I would also recommend opting for the food and wine matching experience.