Anna Healy, General Manager
Kalian Group - The Black Toro, Sezar and Shukah, VIC
1. How did you get into hospitality?
I grew up in the back of my parents restaurant, so I guess, it was in my blood.
2. What do you love about the restaurant industry?
Camaraderie for sure. But mostly I love the small, honest, fun interactions with guests - hopefully making people happy - and having a positive impact on their days.
3. Can you tell us a bit about your restaurant?
Sezar is Modern Armenian, we take influence from Armenian and surrounds and put a little Melbourne twist on traditional recipes.
The Armenians are all about family, fun and flavour, this is how we want our guests to feel when they dine.
Shukah is Middle Eastern, casual and fun!
The Black Toro is Latin American, lots of tacos, frozen margaritas and lamb barbacoa.
4. What is one of your most memorable dining experiences?
Bar Nestro in San Sebastian, a small stand up bar where they just serve steak and tomatoes, with wine!
5. What restaurant is on your must-visit list this year?
Bar Saracen - I love Middle Eastern food
6. What is your 'old favourite' restaurant that you often revisit?
7. What do you love about this restaurant?
Great vibe! And Pisco Sours....
8. What is your favourite dish at this restaurant?
All of the things on the ceviche bar.
9. What is your favourite dish at your restaurant?
Babaghanoush at Shukah! It's the best!
10. Can you share an “Insider Tip” for dining at your restaurant?
Lunches are always the best time to dine, you can relax and take your time (and it's less noisy), always do the 'feed me' option, it's the best of the best.